SENIOR STAFF NURSE, BCH-GPU
Schedule: 12 HR DAY
Facility: BERRIEN CAMPUS
Date Posted: May 26, 2023
Location: Berrien Campus
Department: BER - GPU
Schedule: Full Time, 12 HR Day Shift,
- Provides advanced level nursing care.
- Coordinates patient’s plan of care with physicians and other disciplines.
- Provides education/training of new nurses.
- Provides patient & family education.
- Maintains an atmosphere, which ensures South Georgia Medical Center’s values, goals, policies and procedures are consistently supported and enforced.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education, Certification, & Licensure:
- Current RN License in State of Georgia.
- Applicable specialty certification preferred.
- Completion of unit/service specific training program
- Two years RN experience required.
- Two years RN experience in related specialty area preferred.
- Ability to work well individually, as a team member, and as a team leader.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations, manage priorities and utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues.
- Strong nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for a diverse population of patients/family units of all ages and cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.