REGISTERED NURSE, SNH - EMERGENCY RM
This job posting is no longer active.
Schedule: 12 HR EVE
Facility: SMITH NORTHVIEW
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2023
Location: Smith Northview Campus
Department: SNH - EMERGENCY RM
Schedule: Full Time, 12 HR Evening Shift, 11a-11p
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Provides patient care through implementation of the nursing process for all age groups cared for on the unit.
- Functions as patient advocate.
- Provides patient education.
- Coordinates patient’s plan of care with physicians and other disciplines.
- Maintains an atmosphere, which ensures South Georgia Medical Center’s values, goals, policies and procedures are consistently supported and enforced.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
- Education, Certification, & Licensure: ⚬ Current RN License in State of Georgia. ⚬ Current CPR (C) required. ⚬ Current ACLS and PALS required within twelve months of hire. ⚬ Current CPI within eighteen months of hire.
- One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred.
- Ability to work well individually and as a team leader or member.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations, manage priorities and utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues.
- Strong nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
Works primarily in hospital setting. Requires considerable standing, mental effort, stooping, bending, lifting (in excess of fifty (50) lbs.), pushing objects (carts, beds, and wheelchairs), and operation of clinical and office equipment. Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids, including infectious diseases. May rarely require accompanying and assisting with patient transport to another facility. Uses medical, office equipment, and telecommunications devices on a regular basis (e.g., I.V. pumps, fax, computer, and pagers).