LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE, 3 WEST
This job posting is no longer active.
Schedule: 12 HR DAY
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Department: MEDICAL SURGICAL
Schedule: Full Time, 12 HR Day Shift, 7a7p
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Assists the RN in gathering assessment data.
- Performs and assists with procedures.
- Documents care provided.
- Operates clinical equipment and patient information systems.
- Maintains an atmosphere which ensures South Georgia Medical Center’s mission, vision, values, code of conduct, goals, policies and standards are consistently supported and enforced.
- Eligible to attend HIV counseling course.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
- Education, Certification, & Licensure: ⚬ Current LPN License in State of Georgia. ⚬ Current Healthcare Provider CPR required.
- One (1) year experience in related acute care specialty preferred.
- Ability to work well individually and as a team member.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patient/family units.
- Ability to read and interpret policies and standards.
- Strong clinical skills in assessment, intervention, documentation and evaluation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
- Ability to operate clinical equipment, computer and telecommunications devices.
Works primarily in hospital setting. Requires considerable standing, mental effort, stooping, bending, lifting (in excess of fifty (50) lbs.), pushing objects (carts, beds, and wheelchairs). Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids, including infectious diseases. Uses medical, equipment, telecommunications devices and patient information systems on a regular basis. Physical functional capacity for healthcare as defined by the Saunders Method (very heavy).