NURSING ASSISTANT, LSH 3 WEST
Schedule: 12 HR NGT
Facility: LANIER CAMPUS
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2023
Location: Lanier Campus
Department: LAN - 3 WEST
Schedule: Full Time, 12 HR Night Shift,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Provides personal care, supportive services, and environmental services.
- Also assists in and supports activities of daily living.
- Maintains an atmosphere and environment which ensures SGMC’s, values, goals and policies and procedures are consistently supported.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
- Education and Certification: ⚬ High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred. ⚬ Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) required. ⚬ CPR certification required.
- Experience within the last 6 months in CNA role in Acute Care Setting is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, perform simple calculations, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to communicate clearly with, and care for a variety of people
- Flexible in scheduling and assignments.
- Evidence of personal health and hygiene.
- Ability to operate telephone, intercom system, calculator, and beeper.
- Ability to recognize and report changes in patient condition.
Works primarily in hospital setting, consistent shift and unit. Requires moderate to frequent lifting (excess of 50 lbs.), bending, and assisting in same, using correct techniques. Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids and infectious diseases on a daily basis. Requires extensive walking during shift. Physical functional capacity for healthcare workers as defined by the Saunders Method (very heavy).