Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Department: MEDICAL NEUROLOGY
Schedule: PRN, Varied Hours/Shift,
● Provides personal care and assists with ADLs
● Assists RNs & LPNs with patient care procedures.
● Performs and assists with procedures.
● Assists with equipment/supply maintenance
● Performs complex clerical duties.
● All competencies listed may not be implemented in every nursing unit due to variation of services provided.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
● High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
● Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
● Six months of relevant patient care experience preferred.
● Phlebotomy and/or Medical Assistant experience preferred.
● Graduate of PCT course strongly preferred.
● Current Healthcare Provider CPR Certification preferred.
● General office skills and medical terminology preferred.
● General computer skills preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION Works primarily in moderate to fast-paces hospital setting. Generally assigned to consistent shift and unit but may be required to be temporarily re-assigned to meet organizational needs. Requires moderate to frequent lifting (excess of 50 lbs), bending, and assisting in same, using correct techniques. Requires extensive walking during shift. Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids and infectious diseases on a daily basis. Uses general office equipment in performance of duties, including but not limited to computers, computerized lab equipment, printers, fax, telephone & nurse call systems. Interacts daily with persons under stress, having complex complaints, and/or with whom there is a need to respond to questions, problems, or gain cooperation. Physical functional capacity for healthcare workers as defined by the Saunders Method (very heavy).