PATIENT FLOW COORDINATOR, EMERGENCY ROOM
Schedule: 12 HR DAY
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Department: EMERGENCY ROOM
Schedule: Full Time, 12 HR Day Shift, 11A-11P
- Coordinating patient throughput from all points of entry to facilitate overall hospital patient flow by collaborating with the medical staff and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the coordinating, organizing, and planning, of patient movement within the medical center.
- Receiving all communication related to patients requiring a bed for appropriate clinical expertise and facility placement to support delivery of quality care.
- Monitors bed capacity, staffing beds, and the demand for beds daily and communicates action plan for patient movement.
- The “Bed Czar” collaborates with Hospital staff, case management, physician and staff, and other facilities to define, reduce and eliminate barrier within the system which may impede patient flow.
- Collects and analyzes data related to patient flow, reports findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Provides day-to-day reports on bed availability to the clinical and administrative staff.
- Assist Admin Coordinators with functioning as clinical resource for patient care providers.
- Assist Admin Coordinators with facilitating communication and activities necessary to provide effective patient care.
- Assist Admin Coordinators with ensuring the delivery of quality patient care.
- Complying with and enforcing South Georgia Medical Center code of conduct, values, goals, policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education, licensure, and certification: ⚬ Current RN license with the State of Georgia. ⚬ Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related discipline preferred. ⚬ Current CPR (C) certification. ⚬ ACLS and PALS within twelve months of employment. ⚬ CPI required within twelve months of hire.
- Five (5) years current nursing experience required.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and behavioral communication skills.
- Excellent ability to adapt to new situation, set priorities, and utilize problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrated current knowledge of nursing leadership and management principles.
- Knowledge of patient care resources within the Medical Center.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, directors, hospital employees, physicians, patients, families, and other members of interdisciplinary team.
- Prior experience in utilization management, care coordination, patient access services, bed control, discharge planning preferred.
- Ability to effectively provide crisis intervention and resolve conflict.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
Works in acute care hospital, predominantly on a regular shift, with flexibility required for coverage on all three shifts. Considerable walking, standing; moderate stooping, bending, lifting (in excess of fifty (50) pounds). Considerable mental effort required to assess, plan, and make decisions in complex environment, often in urgent situations. Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids, including infectious diseases. Physical functional capacity for healthcare workers as defined by the Saunders Method (very heavy).