REGISTERED NURSE, MEDICAL NEUROLOGY
This job posting is no longer active.
Schedule: WKND DAY
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Department: MEDICAL NEUROLOGY
Schedule: Full Time, Weekend Day Shift, 7a-7p
- Provides patient care through assessment and implementation of the nursing process for all age groups cared for on the unit.
- Performs and assists with procedures.
- Documents care provided.
- Coordinates patient’s plan of care with physicians and other disciplines.
- Maintains an atmosphere, which ensures South Georgia Medical Center’s mission, vision, values, code of conduct, goals, policies and standards are consistently supported and enforced.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education, Certification, & Licensure: ⚬ Current RN License in State of Georgia ⚬ CPR required
- One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred.
- Ability to work well individually and as a team leader or member.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and, adapt to new situations, think critically, manage priorities and utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues.
- Strong clinical nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
Works primarily in hospital or clinic setting. Requires considerable standing, mental effort, stooping, bending, lifting (in excess of fifty (50) lbs.), pushing objects (carts, beds, and wheelchairs). Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids, including infectious diseases. May rarely require accompanying and assisting with patient transport to another facility. Uses medical equipment, telecommunications devices and patient information systems on a regular basis. Physical functional capacity for healthcare workers as defined by the Saunders Method (very heavy).