Schedule: 12 HR DAY
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Department: OPEN HEART
Schedule: Full Time, 12 HR Day Shift, 0630-1900
The Cardiovascular Surgical Technologist has the ability to integrate an understanding of anatomy & physiology, surgical procedures, implementation of tools & principles of aseptic technique, while under the direct supervision of the surgical physician and registered nurse, to facilitate a physician’s performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
He/she has the necessary knowledge & ability to remain constantly vigilant in the maintenance of the sterile field while anticipating the needs of the surgeon.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
● Current Certification by the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist (LCC-ST) preferred.
● Current CPR certification.
● Six months to one year related experience is strongly preferred.
● Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos.
● Ability to write simple and complex correspondence.
● Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to patients, patient family members, visitors and other organization personnel.
● Ability to add and subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
● Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and complex written or oral instructions.
● Ability to deal with problems involving a multiple combination of concrete variables in standardized situations.
● Flexible in work schedule, assignments, and work load.
● Ability to understand and follow the policies and procedures of South Georgia Medical Center and regulatory agencies’ standards and rules.
● Ability to assist in the orientation and training of Cardiovascular staff as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Regularly required to walk and reach and stretch with hands and arms.
● Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and control knobs, of equipment and/or instruments.
● Frequently required to stand for long periods of time; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear; and smell.
● Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
● Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.
● Occasionally excessive strength is required to restrain confused or combative patients.
● Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and with explosive materials.
● Frequent exposure to blood and body fluids.
● Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.