Schedule: 12 HR DAY
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Department: EMERGENCY ROOM
Schedule: Full Time, 12 HR Day Shift, 7A-7P
● Ensures the delivery of quality patient care on a shift through proper implementation of the nursing process for all age groups served in the unit.
● Manages shift within established budgetary parameters.
● Supervises and manages staff on assigned shifts.
● Maintains an atmosphere which ensures South Georgia Medical Center’s mission, vision, values, code of conduct, goals, policies and standards are consistently met.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
● Education, licensure and certification. ⚬ Current RN license in the State of Georgia. ⚬ Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred. ⚬ Current CPR certification. ⚬ ACLS and PALS certification within 12 months of employment. ⚬ CPI within 12 months of employment.
● Previous experience in nursing, including: ⚬ Relevant clinical experience required. ⚬ Leadership, supervision, and/or management experience preferred.
● Strong clinical skills in assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care.
● Ability to lead and develop others individually and as a team, and to be an effective team member.
● Demonstrated ability to assess and adapt to new situations, think critically, problem solve and manage priorities.
● Demonstrated skill in verbal, non-verbal and behavioral communication.
● Demonstrated current knowledge of patient care, leadership, and management principles.
● Ability to operate clinical equipment, computer and telecommunications devices.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION Works in acute care hospital. Considerable sitting, standing, stooping, bending, lifting (in excess of fifty (50) lbs.), pushing objects (e.g., carts, beds, etc.). May occasionally require long, irregular or flexible work hours. Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids, including infectious diseases. Mental effort to assess, to plan and make or recommend decisions in complex environment.