OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST, LSH REHABILITATION SERV
This job posting is no longer active.
Schedule: 8 HR DAY
Facility: LANIER CAMPUS
Date Posted: Nov 24, 2023
Location: Lanier Campus
Department: LAN - REHABILITATION SERVICE
- Provides a full range of occupational therapy services for all age groups including assessment, treatment planning, and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position’s qualifications, professional practices, and ethical standards.
- Documents care provided.
- Coordinates patient’s plan of care with physicians and other disciplines.
- Demonstrates accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving, and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
- Maintains atmosphere, which ensures South Georgia Medical Center’s mission, vision, values, code of conduct, goals, policies, and standards are consistently supported and enforced.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Graduate of a four year bachelor’s degree program (or foreign equivalent)
- Hold an applicable and current license in state of Georgia.
- Experience in working with adult and geriatric population with physical disabilities is desired.
- Ability to work well individually, as a team member, and as a team leader.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations, manage priorities and utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues.
- Strong clinical skills in assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for a diverse population of patients/family units of all ages and cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
- CPR Certification required.
- QI Certification for employees floating to IRF is recommended with on-site training.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
Works primarily in hospital or clinical setting. Requires considerable standing, mental effort, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, in excess of fifty (50) pounds, pushing objects (wheelchairs, and beds). Comfortable setting indoors, schedules may include working weekends and holidays. May be subjected to high levels of stress. Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids, including infectious diseases, on a daily basis. Uses medical equipment, computer, telecommunication devices and patient information systems.