PROFESSIONAL CODING MANAGER- IN OFFICE AND REMOTE SETTING
This job posting is no longer active.
Schedule: 8 HR DAY
Facility: PT FINANCIAL SVCS
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2023
Location: SGMC Patient Financial Services
Department: REVENUE CYCLE MEDICAL GROUP
Schedule: Full Time, 8 HR Day Shift, 8-5
- Responsible for the management of all coding functions within the system for professional services.
- Conducts performance reviews.
- Monitors coding accuracy, performs monthly audits of both internal, and contract staff to ensure 95% accuracy maintained consistently.
- Reports noncompliance issues detected through auditing to Director.
- Develops and coordinates corrective action plans, follow-up audits, and ongoing monitoring.
- Analyzes and adjusts workflow to facilitate productivity and monitors productivity. Trains coding personnel.
- Maintains unbilled accounts due to coding at acceptable levels and works to remove barriers that delay coding and billing.
- Works with all practice managers and department leads to resolve billing problems. Also, coordinate with the Professional Billing Manager to resolve claims issues.
- Updates policy and procedure manuals. Stays up to date on coding conventions and billing compliance and educates staff on all updates and changes.
- Performs coding functions as necessary.
- Coordinates with the Director of Physician Revenue Cycle to meet all regulatory standards.
- Identifies trends, patterns, and variations in coding practices.
- Oversees and monitors coding compliance and education.
- Develops and coordinates education and training programs regarding evaluation and management, proper documentation, policy and regulation changes. Responsible to educate providers, practice managers, and billing staff as necessary.
- Interacts with a variety of people who influence the success of the coding program. Will function as a facilitator, liaison, and/or motivators.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Certified Professional Coding Certification required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified.
- At least 2 years management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Very strong customer relation skills is essential.
- Advanced communication skills both verbal and written are necessary.
- Ability to teach and mentor staff.
- Familiarity with professional coding societies and resources.
- Experience working with physicians regarding medical coding practices.
- Ability to share knowledge in such a way that it enhances learning.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
- Spends long hours sitting working at computer terminal.
- Must be able to see and read name, numbers, and colors.
- Must be able to hear and listen effectively in order to address issues and resolve problems
- Subject to high stress levels to meet goals and deadlines
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines
- Must be able to travel to local clinics to educate/ counsel physicians.