REGISTERED NURSE, PCC MEDICAL ONCOLOGY
Schedule: 8 HR DAY
Facility: PEARLMAN CANCER CTR
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2023
Location: Cancer Center
Department: PCC - MEDICAL ONCOLOGY
Schedule: Full Time, 8 HR Day Shift,
- Promotes the delivery of quality patient care to Oncology and Hematology patients through implementation of the nursing process for all age groups cared for on the unit.
- Functions as patient advocate, assists with financial control and cost effective functioning of the unit; and assists with professional growth and development of staff.
- Maintains an atmosphere which ensures SGMC’s values, goals, policies and procedures are consistently supported and enforced.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Current licensure as RN in Georgia. BSN preferred.
- Knowledge and skill in generic nursing practice.
- Two years clinical experience preferred. •
- Experience with chemotherapy and interest in caring for oncology patients desired.
- Must be flexible, with good organizational skills.
- Skillful in verbal and non-verbal communication.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION • Duties require considerable sitting, standing, stooping, bending and lifting (in excess of 50 lbs.). Must be able to push objects (carts, beds, wheelchairs), and have ability to operate office equipment. Considerable mental effort, ability to work in confined high stress environment. Able to formulate judgments based on the recognition of normal physiology and signs and symptoms of disease processes. Liaison for unit to patients and families, physicians, other health care employees and departments, nursing and hospital administration.