PATIENT FLOW COORDINATOR, TRANSFER CENTER
This job posting is no longer active.
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Department: TRANSFER CENTER
Schedule: Full Time, 7on/7off, 11p-7p
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Coordinating patient throughput from all points of entry to facilitate overall hospital patient flow by collaborating with the medical staff and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the coordinating, organizing, and planning, of patient movement within the medical center.
- Receiving all communication related to patients requiring a bed for appropriate clinical expertise and facility placement to support delivery of quality care.
- Monitors bed capacity, staffing beds, and the demand for beds daily and communicates action plan for patient movement.
- Collaborates with Hospital staff, case management, physician and staff, and other facilities to define, reduce and eliminate barrier within the system which may impede patient flow.
- Collects and analyzes data related to patient flow, reports findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Provides day-to-day reports on bed availability to the clinical and administrative staff.
- Assesses and evaluates potential options and services to meet an individual’s health needs through communication and utilization of available resources to promote quality and cost effective outcomes.
- Complying with and enforcing South Georgia Medical Center code of conduct, values, goals, policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
- Education, licensure, and certification: ⚬ Current RN license with the State of Georgia. ⚬ Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related discipline preferred. ⚬ Case management certification preferred.
- Recent sound clinical experience of 3-5 years. Must have extensive experience in a particular patient population or moderate experience in a broad population.
- Excellent ability to adapt to new situation, set priorities, and utilize problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise in management, problem solving, critical thinking, and data management.
- Knowledge of patient care resources within the Medical Center.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, directors, hospital employees, physicians, patients, families, and other members of interdisciplinary team.
- Prior experience in care coordination, patient access services, bed control, discharge planning preferred.
- Knowledge of medical literature, research methodology, health care delivery systems, financial/reimbursement issues, utilization management, and the medical center/medical staff organization.
- Computer skills desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to influence decisions, gain cooperation, and facilitate change with physicians, all levels of management, employees and supervisors of other hospital departments.
Works in acute care hospital, predominantly on a regular shift, with flexibility required for coverage on all three shifts. Considerable walking, standing; moderate stooping, and bending. Considerable mental effort required to assess, plan, and make decisions in complex environment.