Schedule: 8 HR DAY
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Department: CARDIOLOGY SERVICES
Schedule: Full Time, 8 HR Day Shift, 8
Performs various cardiac ultrasound imaging procedures, including 2-D, M-Mode, color flow mapping, Doppler studies, strain rate and tissue tracking, echo stress testing, and transesophageal echocardiograms.
Performs calculations associated with studies, as indicated.
Prepares patients for exams.
Schedules echo procedures.
Prepares recordings for physician review, including importing and exporting digital studies.
Operates ECHOPAC Viewing station.
Takes echo call for “after hours” situations, weekday and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. High school graduate preferred.
2. Additional formal training and education is required. Must be eligible for one of the following credentials: a. RDMS (Registered diagnostic medical sonographer) b. RCS (Registered cardiac sonographer) - Non-Invasive registry c. RDCS (Registered diagnostic cardiac sonographer)
3. Current CPR certification is mandatory.
4. Must be experienced and competent in all cardiac ultrasound imaging procedures.
5. Must pursue appropriate examinations for registry status within 2 years of hiring.
6. Must maintain registry status, once achieved, by meeting mandatory continuing education requirements.
7. Must continually strive to further professional knowledge and use this as a basis for making quality decisions when imaging.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
Must be in general good health, with no problems prohibiting the pushing and maneuvering of a 600-800 pound machine through hallways and over uneven flooring or assisting with patient positioning. Air conditioned building with carpeted and tiled floors.