RADIOLOGY TECH II/ENDO TECH, ENDOSCOPY / GI LAB
Schedule: 12 HR DAY
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Department: ENDOSCOPY / GI LAB
Schedule: Full Time, 12 HR Day Shift, 7a-7p (Mon, Tues, Thurs.)
- Performs all radiological procedures and endoscopic procedures in the Endoscopy Unit.
- Assist physicians with. advanced level procedures such as ERCPs.
- Serves as educator for radiology related procedures/equipment.
- Supports the values, goals, and policies and procedures of South Georgia Medical Center.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education, Licensure, & Certification: ⚬ High school graduate or GED preferred ⚬ Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiology Technology ⚬ Certified by the American Registry of Radiology Technologist. ⚬ One year Radiology/Endoscopy experience preferred \
- Ability to read writes, perform simple calculations, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Pleasant, warm, caring. Able to communicate clearly with, and care for a variety of people. Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with patient/family, units, and other staff members.
- Flexible in scheduling and assignments.
- Evidence of good personal health and hygiene.
- Ability to operate telephone, intercom system, calculator, and beeper.
- Ability to recognize and report changes in patient condition.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION Works primarily in hospital setting, consistent shift and unit. Requires moderate to frequent lifting (excess of 50 lbs.), bending, and assisting in same, using correct techniques. Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids and infectious diseases on a daily basis. Requires extensive walking during shift. Participates in call rotation. Routine exposure to radiologic procedures. Physical functional capacity for healthcare workers as defined by the Saunders Method (very heavy).