REGISTERED NURSE, SNH-MED SURG
Schedule: 12 HR DAY
Facility: SMITH NORTHVIEW
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2023
Location: Smith Northview Campus
Department: SNH - MEDICAL SURGICAL
Schedule: Full Time, 12 HR Day Shift,
- Promotes delivery of quality patient care through implementation of the nursing processes for all age groups cared and served by SGMC Urgent Care.
- Functions as a patient advocate, assists with financial control and cost effectiveness in functioning of the facility through the proper use of supplies and patient charges.
- Will need the ability to work with other clinical staff.
- Participates in the evaluation of personnel, orientation and skills competency checklist.
- Assist with the personal professional growth and development of other staff.
- Follows and implements all departmental and SGMC Policy & Procedures and regulatory agencies.
- Promotes a sense of encouragement for all team members to follow SGMC mission and vision.
- Maintains an atmosphere which ensures SGMC Urgent Care values, goals, policies and procedures are consistently supported and enforced.
- Assists in the collection of data as required meeting regulatory and other standards.
- Will require the ability to be cross-trained in all areas of care and service.
- Will participate in the unit based T&E Program specific for urgent care unit.
- Involvement in QC / QI & PIN Programs.
- Works with SGMC Staff Physicians, private Physicians, other team members, patients and families to provide a cooperative working environment.
- Plans and organizes daily work habits.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service education.
- Ability to formulate judgments based on the recognition of normal physiology.
- Completes assigned tasks / daily assignments in designated time period while experiencing continuous interruptions.
- Assist in Laboratory Collection or onsite testing and related duties as required by Lab Regulatory Agencies.
- Facilitates expedient turnaround time in patient admission and discharge.
- Participate in training/evaluation of students/orientation to staff.
- Maintains an open line of communication with Nurse Manager, Medical Director.
- Scheduling is maintained through the Nurse Manager. Subjected to high levels of stress, irregular work hours, weekend and Holiday work.
- All employees will be required to float between other facilities as deemed necessary by manager.
- Staffing will be reflected on the schedule and will not require advance notification from the manager to the employee.
- The schedule will provide appropriate and advance notification of which facility to work.
- There will be no guarantee of any consistent or patterned scheduling.
- Staffing will be adjusted on any current schedule or future schedule if deemed necessary by the Director/Manager.
- Employees will be required to work any variable hours on the schedule as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
● Current license as Registered Nurse in Georgia.
● Knowledge and skill in generic nursing practices.
● Skillful in verbal and non-verbal communications.
● Knowledge in lab procedures and instruments preferred, but not required.
● Knowledge in EKG procedures preferred, but not required.
● Certified in Basic Life Support.
● Preferred to be certified in ACLS & PALS- not required.
● Demonstrates ability to adapt to new situations, set priorities, and utilizes problem solving techniques.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
A SGMC Urgent Care with access to the patient area and other departments within the organization. Follows prescribed procedures to protect unsafe practice of venipuncture to avoid needle sticks and other unsafe practices that may cause exposure to infectious materials. Subjected to high levels of stress, irregular work hours, weekend and Holiday work. Perform routine and direct patient care duties. Assist in maintaining adequate departmental supplies and inventory. Maintains instruments through controls & validation processes as required through CLIA & or any other State Agencies. Maintains temperature logs, refrigerator logs and restocking and cleaning protocols. Assures that all equipment is maintained to meet patient needs and to meet regulatory policies. Sets an example and encourages all to demonstrate the mission, vision and goals of the department and SGMC. Considerable mental effort, ability to work in confined high stress environment. Ability to formulate judgments based of the recognition of normal physiology. Always open to the changing of processes in order to improve care and service to all clients, with the ultimate client being the patient. Involvement in QI / PIN Program and UC goals/ PI. Subjected to exposure to communicable diseases