SENIOR STAFF NURSE, BCH-EMERGENCY SERVICES
Schedule: 12 HR EVE
Facility: BERRIEN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2023
Location: Berrien Campus
Department: BER - EMERGENCY SERVICES
Schedule: Full Time, 12 HR Evening Shift, 11a to 11p
- Provides advanced level nursing care.
- Coordinates patient’s plan of care with physicians and other disciplines.
- Provides education/training of new nurses.
- Provides patient & family education.
- Maintains an atmosphere, which ensures South Georgia Medical Center’s values, goals, policies and procedures are consistently supported and enforced.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education, Certification, & Licensure: ⚬ Current RN License in State of Georgia. ⚬ Current CPR required. ⚬ Applicable specialty certification preferred. ⚬ Completion of unit/service specific training program
- Two years RN experience required.
- Two years RN experience in related specialty area preferred.
- Ability to work well individually, as a team member, and as a team leader.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations, manage priorities and utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues.
- Strong nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for a diverse population of patients/family units of all ages and cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION Works primarily in hospital or clinic setting. Requires considerable standing, mental effort, stooping, bending, lifting (in excess of fifty (50) lbs.), pushing objects (carts, beds, and wheelchairs), and operation of clinical and office equipment. Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids, including infectious diseases. May rarely require accompanying and assisting with patient transport to another facility. Uses medical, office equipment, and telecommunications devices on a regular basis (e.g., I.V. pumps, fax, computer, and pagers). Physical functional capacity for healthcare workers as defined by the Saunders Method (very heavy).