RADIOLOGY TECH, RADIOLOGY
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Schedule: PRN, , flexible
Performs a variety of duties in administering roentgen rays to patients for Radiology exams. Assists the radiologist in fluoroscopic procedures. Operates x-ray equipment, develops film, and prepares radiographic room, equipment, supplies and medications. Provides patient services using imaging modalities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Certified by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists in Radiography—ARRT or registry eligible.
- New graduates have up to 1 year following date of hire to become registered by the ARRT in radiography.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of personnel at all levels within and external to organization. Ability to develop and grow a competent, caring team.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for, a diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, variety of cultures, etc.
- Flexible in work schedule, assignments and work load.
- Ability to document clinical information, etc.
- Ability to interpret the policies and procedures of South Georgia Medical Center, regulatory agencies’ standards and rules, reimbursement rules, etc.
- Possess strong clinical skills
WORKING CONDITIONS- ADA INFORMATION:
Duties require considerable sitting, standing, stooping bending, lifting (in excess of 50 pounds), pushing objects (wheelchairs, stretchers). Comfortable conditions, subject to irregular schedules, including weekends, exposed to high levels of stress. Work may require exposure to communicable diseases.