ANESTHESIA TECH SPECIALIST, ANESTHESIOLOGY
This job posting is no longer active.
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Schedule: PRN, Varied Hours/Shift, as needed
The work performed by the Anesthesia Technician encompasses a range of specialized procedures and techniques used in the treatment plan for patients undergoing anesthesia, including emergency situations. They must plan, prepare, and ensure readiness of necessary items/equipment required for anesthesia service personnel to provide safe and appropriate care. This position supports the anesthesiologists and anesthesia staff by proactively planning and preparing specific equipment and supplies for each procedure/case. The Anesthesia Technician is a vital and essential member of the anesthesia team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education/Certification ⚬ High School diploma or GED, preferred ⚬ Previous experience as an Anesthesia Technician preferred ⚬ Current CPR certification is required ⚬ Computer skills ⚬ Certification as Anesthesia Technician is desirable.
- One to two years previous experience in OR or hospital setting desirable
- Ability to read, comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to work under stressful situations efficiently and effectively
- Flexible in work schedule, assignments and work load
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Ability to understand and follow the policies and procedures of South Georgia Medical Center and regulatory agencies’ standards and rules.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to walk, reach, and stretch with hands and arms
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and control knobs, of equipment and/or instruments
- Frequently required standing for long periods of time; climb or balance; stooping, kneeling, or crouching; talking or hearing; and smelling
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than100 pounds
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and with explosive and hazardous materials
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation
- The work environment noise level is usually moderate