Facility: BERRIEN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2023
Location: Berrien Campus
Department: BER - EMERGENCY SERVICES
Schedule: PRN, Varied Hours/Shift,
● Ensures the delivery of quality patient care on a shift and provides patient care through implementation of the nursing process of all age groups cared for on the unit.
● Coordinates patient’s plan of care with physicians and other disciplines.
● Maintains an atmosphere which ensures South Georgia Medical Center’s mission, vision, values, code of conduct, goals, policies and standards are consistently supported and enforced.
● Assists manager in operating unit within established budgetary parameters.
● Supervises, manages and actively assists in staff development.
● Assists manager with unit operations as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
● Education, licensure and certification. ⚬ Current RN license in the State of Georgia. ⚬ Current Healthcare Provider CPR required. ⚬ ACLS/PALS certification required within one year of hiring. ⚬ TNCC is recommended but not required.
● Previous experience in nursing, including: ⚬ Relevant clinical experience required. ⚬ Leadership, supervision, and/or management experience preferred. ● Ability to work well individually and as a team leader or member.
● Demonstrated ability to assess and adapt to new situations, think critically, manage priorities and utilize problem-solving techniques, and demonstrate appropriate verbal, non-verbal and behavioral communication.
● Ability to lead and develop others individually and as a team.
● Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
● Ability to operate clinical equipment, computer and telecommunications devices.
● Demonstrated current knowledge of patient care, leadership, and management principles.
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
Works primarily in hospital or clinic setting. Requires considerable standing, mental effort, stooping, bending, lifting (in excess of fifty (50) lbs.), pushing objects (carts, beds, and wheelchairs). Likely to be exposed to blood and body fluids, including infectious diseases. May rarely require accompanying and assisting with patient transport to another facility. Due to fluctuates in staffing/operations employees will be required to float to other campuses and interdepartmental. Uses medical, office equipment, and telecommunicates devices on a regular basis (e.g., I.V. pumps, fax, computer, and pagers). Physical functional capacity for healthcare workers as defined by the Saunders Method (very heavy).