SONOGRAPHER III, ULTRASOUND
Schedule: 8HR NGT
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2023
Location: Main Campus
Schedule: , 8HR Night Shift, 11p-7a M-F / 7p-7a Sat-Sun
Performs a variety of duties in performing routine and special ultrasound imaging. Performs vascular and arterial studies in ultrasound imaging. Performs initial interpretation and evaluation of procedure. Maintains standards of quality. Assists the radiologist in performing ultrasound-guided biopsies or interventional procedures. Operates ultrasound equipment, develops film, prepares scanning room, equipment, supplies and medications. Provides patient services using imaging modalities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Certified by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists in Sonography (ARRT), or Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS).
- Vascular certification is required. The certification must be one of the following:
- RVT – (Registered Vascular Technologist) by the ARDMS
- VS – (Vascular Sonographer) by the ARRT
- RVS – (Registered Vascular Specialist aka RCVT) by (CCI)
- Two years’ experience as a Staff Ultrasound Technologist and/or staff technologist level II or deemed qualified by the Ultrasound Supervisor.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of personnel at all levels within and external to organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for, a diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, variety of cultures, etc.
- Flexible in work schedule, assignments and work load.
- Ability to document clinical information, etc.
- Ability to interpret the policies and procedures of South Georgia Medical Center, regulatory agencies’ standards and rules, reimbursement rules, etc.
- Strong clinical skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS- ADA INFORMATION:
Duties require considerable sitting, standing, stooping bending, lifting (in excess of 50 pounds), pushing objects (wheelchairs, stretchers). Comfortable conditions, subject to irregular schedules, including weekends, exposed to high levels of stress. Work may require exposure to communicable diseases.