HOSPICE CASE MANAGER RN, HOSPICE REIMBURSED
Date Posted: Feb 27, 2024
Responsible as a member of the interdisciplinary team to the Nurse Manager, Hospice Executive Director, attending physician and the Medical Director for the provision of skilled nursing assessment, planning and care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families consistent with Hospice of South Georgia Policies and Procedure. Responsible for identifying patient/family needs and for providing supportive care and appropriate services in accordance with the attending physician’s orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care. Develops, maintains and supervises plan of care for provision of home health aide services to patients. May be assigned primarily to one care setting ie: hospice facility or home care but may be required to work variable shifts/settings as required to ensure patient care. Provides support to admissions/referrals/on-call services as setting or census dictates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
WORKING CONDITIONS - ADA INFORMATION
- Currently licensed as an RN in the State of Georgia
- Current CPR certification with American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers
- Minimum two years varied work experience as a RN. Prefer one of the two years in home health or hospice setting.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings required
- Demonstrated skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles required
- Must be able to apprise and be sympathetic to the specific fears and anxieties of the terminally ill
- Interpersonal relationships include patients, families, SGMC employees, medical community, physicians and their office staff, Hospice employees and general public, including the geriatric community
- Must have current Georgia drivers license
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, handle pressure and delicate situations
- Demonstrated ability to respond well to supervision and to work independently when required
Hospice office and/or Langdale Hospice House, travel to patient’s homes and communities. Subject to being on call 24 hours a day on a rotating basis with other RN’s. Documents appropriate assessments findings specific to level of care to ensure reimbursement and compliance with state and federal guidelines. Subject to high levels of stress. Duties require sitting, standing, bending, stooping and ability to lift and reposition adult patients.