PHARMACY TECH, PHARMACY
Facility: MAIN CAMPUS
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2024
Location: Main Campus
Schedule: PRN, Varied Hours/Shift, PRN
- To provide technical support in the various aspects, functions, and responsibilities of The Department of Pharmacy.
- Effectively executes all competencies on a regular basis specific to assigned area / location.
- Assists in the training, orientation and assessment of New Employees, Interns, Externs and Students.
- Participates in a Quality Improvement Initiative.
- Plays a significant role in the department’s readiness for The Joint Commission.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- MUST COMPLETE ALL REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS AND BE IN ACTIVE STATUS WITH THE STATE OF GEORGIA PHARMACY BOARD PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT.
- High school graduate or completed a high school equivalence course is PREFERRED.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification by the Georgia Board of Pharmacy PREFERRED.
- Preference will be given to applicants with health care experience and particularly to applicants with hospital pharmacy experience.
- The Pharmacy technician will be required to complete a 6 week training program and pass the final exam with a score of 80% or better in each section of the test. At this time Pharmacy technicians must be able to demonstrate efficiency in typing, preparation of aseptic solutions and must have knowledge of inpatient and outpatient drug distribution systems and be able to work mathematical calculations accurately.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide pharmacy services appropriate to the age of the patient’s served.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Must be able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide the care needed by our patient groups (i.e., neonate, pediatric, adolescent and/or geriatric).
WORKING CONDITIONS- ADA INFORMATION:
Considerable physical effort, for example, constant standing or walking with periods of concentration. Concentration on physician orders, prescriptions, or reports is required. Some light to medium lifting. Considerable mental effort required with ability to work in a confined high stress environment. Ability to work closely with others is required. Comfortable conditions with the possibility of irregular schedules including weekends, exposure to certain levels of stress and subject to injury limited to minor burns, cuts, or bruises. Possible exposure to hazardous material.